Hot Job Wednesday (9/26/12)

Oops, this is a day late. Today’s job comes to you from Boston, MA – our client is looking for a Technical/Engineering Manager. Full spec below, don’t forget to click on the job title if you’d like to apply!

Job Title: Engineering Manager

Location: Boston, MA

Salary Range: $100,000 to $120,000/yr. base salary (relocation available)

Requirements:
B.S. Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering (minimum); 8+ years of experience out of a specialty chemicals, commodity/industrial chemicals, petrochemicals, or even a biotech/pharmaceuticals or paints and coatings background. Candidates must have some technical management experience, ideally at least 3-4 years and should have a track record of improving department efficiency and achievement. Ideally this person will have worked in a PSM-regulated chemicals plant, but this is not a must-have. This person must have experience managing capital projects at some level. Big pluses would include: experience mentoring younger engineers, familiarity with OSHA and EPA standards, six-sigma. This person should have managed at least 3-5 other people.

Job Description:
This person will be supervising an engineering group of 6-8 people which includes two project engineers, an environmental manager, a contract engineer, etc. This plant has a project budget of approximately $4M/yr. and this person would have responsibility for that budget. 20% of this job will be doing engineering work which is primarily project-oriented. The other 80% of the job will be supervisory responsibilities, both of the engineering group (performance reviews, mentoring) and of projects in general (budgeting, ensuring projects get done on-time/within budget). There are 125 people at this facility and the manufacturing plant runs 24/7. This plant makes food-grade chemical additives and other additives. This is a stand-alone facility just outside of Boston.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *